1. Why should we choose Monclovas Catering for our event?
We offer delicious food, beautiful presentation and displays, outstanding customer service, uncompromising quality and affordable pricing. We will work with you and your budget.
2. How much does a catered event cost?
Pricing varies upon what type of menu and service you desire and we customize each and every one of our events to fit needs, budget and vision. We price all our menus and hors D’oeuvres by the person and not the piece. We feel this produces a better value and pricing for our customers. Please click on the Quote Form to obtain pricing.
3. Do you provide service (servers) for your events?
The short answer is YES. Unless you select “drop off style” service, all do servers like waiters, bartenders and station chefs are not included and are charged separately from the per person catering cost.
4. How long does service last?
For buffet style, service is usually 90 minutes long.
5. What types of service do you offer?
We offer buffet, family style, plated diner(full service) and “live station buffet” styles of service.
6. Do you provide beer, wine and liquor services?
Entirely contingent on the venue and rules, we can offer you set-ups, bars, servers and bartenders at standard rates.
7. Grandma gave me a silver family serving platter and I want to use it...how? *
Not a problem, we use special care when we use your special serving pieces. We want your event to be memorable and special for you (and Grandma).
8. Do you charge a delivery or setup fee?
Depending on the proximity to our kitchens and the type of service ordered, we may charge a nominal delivery and/or setup fee.
9. Do you have equipment fees?
Not usually. Typically, all equipment fees are included in our pricing.
10. I have a secret family recipe and really, really want it at our reception… can you make it?
We do our very best to prepare your recipes to your satisfaction We call it customized catering… you’ll call it delicious. Don’t worry, your secret recipe is safe with us.
11. We’re having an all day event (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). Can Monclovas Catering do that?
Absolutely! We specialize in customizable “All Day Catering” services and off-site catering for corporate events, movie shoots and team building exercises.
12. What forms of payment do you accept?
For deposits and payments we accept cash and checks. All catering quotes are based on cash or check, but we also accept credit and debit cards. A nominal fee of 3% applies if a credit or debit card is used for a deposit or payments.
13. Is there a minimum for catering?
Yes, the minimum order Cutting Edge Catering requires is $500.
14. Our menu sounds perfect, but several of our guests are vegetarians or need gluten free options… what do I do?
With just a little advance notice, we will accommodate almost any special dietary request.
15. Non-Profits, Churches, School Events and Dinners for 500-1000 Guests?
Yes! We offer special pricing for churches and non-profit organizations and specialize in customizing events. From 25-1000 guests, no event is too small or too large. We can do it...
16. We are a non-profit. Do you work with volunteers? Can we provide our own drinks, etc….
We are experts with working with volunteers, churches, schools and non-profits and it seems like most churches and non-profit organizations like saving money by providing their own drinks and helping with presetting an event…..and that’s fine by us and will help with the bottom line.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
17. Do you offer a military discount?
Yes, we certainly do. Active duty military receive a 5% discount and former military receive a 3% discount. In order to receive this discount, the person responsible and paying the bill must provide proof of military service.
18. How far do you travel?
It all depends on the number of guests, menu and available on-site equipment. Ask us, we’re happy to try our best to accommodate your request.
19. Do you offer chairs, tables, tents, outdoor heaters?
We cook and make your event the best it can be. We love to do that, it’s our specialty. We do however have agreements in place with many other vendors in order to leverage maximum discounts. Please let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll be happy to help.
20. Are you licensed and insured?
Yes! Monclovas Catering carries a multi-million dollar liability insurance policy and will name you and the event venue as “Additional Insured” for the day/s of your event. Additionally, all of our staff are qualified food handlers and the Chef and Managers are all ServeSafe certified.
21. Most of our guests are Vegetarian/Vegan….
Monclovas Catering cares! We have a wide selection of Vegetarian/Vegan options to choose from and our chef will ensure it’s prepared with the utmost attention to detail and care.
22. We just want appetizers or desserts….can you do that?
Sure can. We offer everything from small plates and desserts to lobster and filet mignon.